3/1/13

______*


                 


               

      My mind's a complete ____ .
      When I look, for instance, at a _____ space, all I see is a ____ .
      When I look at a ____ wall, all I see is a ____ .
      When I look at a ____ page, all I see is ____ .
      Indeed, when I look point-____  at a stranger, 
      I often meet with a ____ stare.
      With a ____ being what a ____ is, however, 
      there are ____s and there are ____s.
      And the way to know a good ____ when you see one is, 
      of course, to look at a _____ from the point of view of a ____.
      That's why I put myself in a ____'s place,
      that's why I put myself in a ____'s shoes,
      that's why, in fact, I become a ____.
      For believe me, once you've seen a ____ this way, 
      in a sense you've seen them all.
      Of course, when you ask for the real ____ to please stand up, 
      it may not always be a pretty ____, 
      but it's a ____ all the same. 
      I, for one, am shooting off at the mouth 
      (using ____s, naturally) for the sake of a ____ .
      Now, if I was going to leave my mark on the world, 
      I wouldn't worry--there's plenty of ____s to go around: 
      with a ____  ____ here and a ____ ____ there, 
      here a ____, there a ____, everywhere a ____ ____, 
      one can't help but draw a ____.
      The world, after all, is a  ____ slate:
      all you do is look for the ____ in everything and you'll find it;
      then you simply fill in the ____.
          




     * For _____ please read _____ throughout.





Botsford, Alan. mamaist: learning a new language. Kamakura, Japan, Minato No Hito, 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment